Public Information

Davison City Police FAQ’s

What are the hours of operation?

The Davison City Police Department is open Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.. You may contact this office at 810-653-4196 or by coming into the office located at:
200 E Flint St
Suite 1
Davison, MI 48423

However, if you need an officer after 4 p.m. or on the weekend, you may call 911. Davison City Police Officers work 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. 

How do get in contact with City Hall or the Department of Public Works (DPW)?

You can contact City of Davison offices Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. at 810-653-2191, or feel free to come into the office located at:
200 E Flint Street
Suite 2
Davison, MI 48423

The DPW may be contacted at 810-653-2191. 

Which Police Department do I contact if I don’t live in the City of Davison?

It is a possibility you may live in Davison Township or Richfield Township since the actual City of Davison is only about one square mile. Remember, if you have an emergency please call 911. Non-emergency phone numbers for the other Police Departments:

  • Davison Township Police Department: 810-653-5656
  • Richfield Township Police Department: 810-653-3565
  • Genesee County Sheriff’s Department: 810-257-3406
  • Michigan State Police: 810-732-1111
  • All Emergencies: 911 

How much does the Davison Police Department charge for services?

  • Accident Report: $10
  • Police/Incident Report: $10
  • Fingerprints (Federal only): $20
  • Vehicle Release Form: $75
  • PBT: $5 per day
  • PBT: $75 for a a 30 day period 

Where do I pay traffic fines?

Traffic fines are collected at the 67th District Court located at:
200 E Flint Street
Suite 3
Davison, MI 48423. 

The Honorable Jennifer J. Manley and Magistrate Cora Gregory preside. The Court’s phone number is 810-653-4126.

If you received a citation within the City of Flint you will need to contact 68th District Court at 810-766-8968. 

What is the fine on my traffic ticket?

The Court sets the fines and costs on traffic tickets. You may contact the Court at 810-653-4126 for any questions you may have. 

How do I report a crime?

For emergencies dial 911. For non-emergencies, call us at our office 810-653-4196, or you may come to our office at
200 E Flint Street
Suite 1
Davison, MI 48423

How do I report a suspicious situation?

You may report suspicious activity by telephone, in person, by writing us a letter, or by emailing D/Sgt. Bill Skellenger.

Does the City of Davison have a curfew for minors?

Yes! The City of Davison has a Minor’s Curfew Ordinance (660.01) which states: No person under the age of seventeen years shall loiter, idle, wander, stroll, play, pleasure ride, park or be in or on any type of vehicle in, on or about any public street, highway, road, alley, park, playground or other public grounds, public places, public buildings, vacant lots, places of amusement or entertainment or other unsupervised places in the City, between the hours of 10 p.m. to 6 a.m. of the following day, official City time, except that on Friday and Saturday nights such prohibition for persons fifteen and sixteen years of age shall be between the hours of 11 p.m. and 6 a.m. of the following day, official City time. However, the provisions of this section do not apply to a minor accompanied by his or her parent, guardian or other adult person having the care and custody of the minor, or where the minor is upon an emergency errand or legitimate business directed by his or her parent, guardian or other adult person having the care and custody of the minor, or when the minor is going to, attending or coming directly from a legitimate church, Municipal or school function, or to a minor whose lawful employment makes it necessary that such minor be in, on or about the places herein set forth within the prohibited hours contrary to the provisions hereof. 

Where may a victim of crime turn for help?

After the police investigation, you may want to contact Crime Victim Assistance at 810.257.3493 for legal rights, information and support. Emergency and medical services are available to you, if needed. Victim Compensation Benefits may be available to you. You may write to Crime Victim Compensation Board at:
P. O. Box 30026
Lansing, MI 48909

How do I get a handgun purchase permit?

We supply handgun purchase permits for all Michigan residents. Please be advised, you do not need a purchase permit to buy a handgun from a dealer (FFL holder). Minimal factors include: you must be 21 years of age if buying from a dealer or 18 years of age if you are buying from a private owner, you must not have any felony convictions and have not been adjudged insane or mentally incompetent. There are other factors that may prohibit you from obtaining a handgun purchase permit. You must come into our office between Monday and Friday during business hours. You must bring your driver’s license when you come. The cost for a purchase permit is $5.

What is the seat belt law in Michigan?

Michigan’s seat belt law allows Police Officers to stop a motorist solely for not wearing a seat belt in the front seat of a vehicle. The law also allows Police Officers to stop a motorist if a child age 4 through 15 is not properly restrained, no matter where they are riding in a vehicle. 

The law also requires all children under the age of 8 to be properly restrained in an approved child safety seat or booster seat, unless 4 feet 9 inches tall.

The child passenger safety law covers children up through age 15. Children from birth through age 8 must be in a child safety seat or booster seat, unless 4 feet 9 inches tall. Children who are 8 years old but less than sixteen years old must use a safety belt in all seating positions.
For more information on safety belts, visit the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration’s website.

What is a Personal Protection Order (PPO)?

A personal protection order (PPO) is an order issued by the Court. It can protect you from harassment, assault, beating, molesting, wounding, or stalking by another person. The order can also prohibit him/her from entering your premises and from removing minor children unless the removal is part of Court-ordered visitation.

There are two types of PPOs:

  1. Issued only after the other person has been notified that you have filed for a restraining order and after a Court hearing has been held.
  2. Issued without notifying the other person and with no Court hearing. This is called an ex parte order.

To file a PPO:

  • An attorney is not necessary in this process.
  • County Clerk’s office can provide a "do-it-yourself" personal protection order packet, or you can pick up a PPO information pamphlet at out Police Department.
  • The packet will contain necessary forms and instruction to request a hearing.
  • In case of immediate danger, ask the clerk for an ex parte order form to complete.
  • PPO goes into effect as soon as the Judge signs it.
  • Clerk’s office will provide a copy to local police do that it can immediately be entered into the Law Enforcement Information Network.
    Family Violence Hotline: 800-996-6228 

How do I acquire a Personal Protection Order?

You may receive a personal protection order only if you are a victim of domestic violence or stalking. The PPOs are available from the county clerk’s office in the county Courthouse at:
900 S Saginaw Street
Flint, MI 48503

The phone number is 810-257-3225. 

Here are some useful telephone numbers:

  • Davison Fire Department (Non-Emergency): 810-653-5671
  • Genesee County Animal Control: 810-732-1660
  • Davison Post Office: 810-653-2424
  • Davison Secretary of State: 888-767-6424
  • Davison Township Offices: 810-653-4156
  • Davison Dial-A-Ride: 810-780-8910
  • Department of Natural Resources (DNR): 989-871-4748
  • FANG: 810-233-3689
  • FBI: 810-239-5775
  • Genesee County Jail: 810-257-3426
  • Genesee County Sheriff’s Department: 810-257-3406
  • Michigan State Police: 810-732-1111