Police Officer - Part Time
The City of Davison is seeking qualified, community minded applicants for a part-time Police Officer position. It is preferred that the applicant have at least a year of full-time road patrol experience, or two years of part-time experience. However, we will consider candidates with less than the preferred road patrol experience.
The City of Davison values candidates who are the best fit for our department. The City of Davison currently offers 12-hour shifts, with all equipment provided. Current hourly rate is $19.00 per hour, with overtime pay for anything over 40 hours per week and any worked holidays. The City of Davison is a full-service City with approximately 5,000 residents and a classic downtown area. The City of Davison hosts a variety of unique seasonal events and community gatherings which attract thousands of visitors. The City of Davison Police Department serves the community by protecting citizens and property, preventing crime, enforcing laws, and maintaining order. Our Department's main goal is to contribute to the quality of life in the City of Davison.
The Davison City Police Department is comprised of 8 sworn police officers that cover the residential and commercial areas around our City.
- Must be a United States Citizen
- Must have reached 21st birthday at the time of appointment
- Must possess a valid Michigan driver's license with an excellent driving history
- Must possess a minimum Associates degree or 60 credits from an accredited college or university
- Ability to successfully pass an extensive background check, physical examination, psychological examination and drug screening test
- Ability to perform the essential job functions of a police officer
- Must either be licensed or eligible to be licensed as a police officer by MCOLES
- Ability to complete all phases of the selection process
- Preference is given to those with prior experience as a full-time certified police officer
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to work 12-hour shifts, weekends, days, nights and some holidays as needed, but rarely
Please email cover letter, resume and 3 professional references to Office Manager Katie Eich at firstname.lastname@example.org
The City of Davison is an equal employment opportunity employer